When you have a long way to go in terms of weight loss, deciding on where to start can be super-overwhelming – Should you hire a personal fitness trainer in Singapore? Should you hit the gym? Should you follow a diet? Or should you just give up on the dream to lose weight? If these questions regularly flash on your mind, we’ve got the answers for you.
Here are some simple changes that can help you make the biggest impact on the scale. These tips are tried-and-tested and may be just what you need to get on the right track and achieve some serious results.
- Maintain a food journal: If you record what you consume, you will be able to keep a check on your weight. When you are aware of the incorrect, unhealthy, high-calorie foods you are consuming, eliminating them from your diet becomes easier. Another interesting thing to do is to observe why you eat certain foods. Some people have a tendency to eat chocolates or junk to cope with stress. Make sure you are not making any such mistakes and have a record of what you eat.
- Rethink your plate and bowl sizes: While you are figuring out what to eat, take a look at the portions as well. For the purpose of weight loss, you need to cut down on servings. The best way to do this is by using smaller plates and bowls. When the size of your plates and bowls is small, the amount you eat will also become smaller.
- Do your homework: Resisting your temptation at a restaurant can be challenging. So, if you know that you have to eat out with friends, check the menu beforehand and identify the healthy options. Some restaurants try to make you think things are healthy when they are not. Just make sure you know how to identify what is actually healthy.
- Try the one-one-one principle: An easy principle to apply is to make every meal have one carbohydrate, one protein, and one fat. This rule of thumb makes for a healthy, well-balanced diet that gives you all the nutrition you need and also cuts down on the calories you are consuming.
- Trick your sweet tooth: Switch to healthy ideas to fix your sugar consumption. There are several dessert options with only 150 calories or lesser. Start consuming these instead of your regular treats.
Diet plays an important role in the overall well-being of an individual and, therefore, must not be played with too much. You must not let your body starve but also keep a tab on the number of calories you consume.