Most women struggle to lose weight and fit into their old pair of jeans. But if you use the right techniques and follow a proper routine, chances that you will be able to achieve your goal are high. In certain cases, you could not only achieve your goal but maybe even end up losing 10kg. Here’s what you need to do:
- Start small: Some women want to do 3 sets of 15 reps from the first day itself. This is not advisable because your body is not used to such strenuous workout and will not be able to adapt. Let it be a gradual process. Start walking or jogging for about 15 minutes per day and then increase it to 30 minutes and 45 minutes with time. Any qualified freelance personal trainer in Singapore will also advise you to take up workout routines gradually.
- Don’t give up: When you hit your first weight loss plateau, don’t get disheartened and feel defeated. Keep pushing and putting in the effort to continue. Those who get discouraged are never able to lose weight and achieve their targets.
- Be realistic: Monitor your diet to see what needs to go out. Even if you do excessive cardio but eat French fries every single day and carbohydrates in every meal, there will be no benefit. A diet heavy in carbohydrates and fried foods are not conducive to weight loss. You need to cut down on your meal sizes and make them healthy. Switch from three large meals to six small meals that mostly comprise fresh fruits, vegetables, salads, lean meats, and nuts.
- Get a healthy meal of your choice: Weight loss routines are difficult to stick to if you make your meals boring. You instantly get attracted to the delicious stuff and all your determination goes in vain. It is, therefore, suggested that you research the healthiest and tastiest options and consume that for most meals during the week. For instance, you can enjoy grilled chicken with a slice of whole-wheat bread and if you are focused enough, you wouldn’t even realize that you are repeatedly eating the same dish again and again.
- Prepare for heavy meals: If you know that you have a dinner to attend where you will be consuming extra calories, take in lighter meals throughout the day. Start with a smoothie for breakfast and then maybe opt for a salad for lunch.
These are some small changes that you can incorporate into your daily routine to achieve weight loss goals. Just like these changes are small alterations, the changes in weight will also be small, to begin with.